A Pre-Operative Appointment is required before surgery.
During this visit your care coordinator/physician will:
- Discuss your surgery, including any risks and complications, as well as your postoperative care while in the hospital
- Answer any questions you may have about your surgery:
- Use the notes pages included in this guide to writing them down before your visit
- Go over the final details of your arrival time, location, and surgery time
- Review your required surgery release forms
- Someone should attend this visit with you. This could be a family member or someone very close to you who will be available during your surgery.
Brace fitting, if needed
If you have been told that you will need a brace, the type of brace you need and your insurance requirements and benefits will determine whether you will be fitted during your pre-op visit or if someone from a brace company will bring it to the hospital after your surgery. In most cases, you will receive your brace at your pre-op visit. If so, you will need to bring it to the hospital on the day of surgery.
Bone stimulator, if needed
Note: If you have had a spinal fusion and still don’t have your bone stimulator three weeks after surgery, please notify us.
If you or a loved one suffers from spinal pain, you owe it to yourself to call Southwest Scoliosis and Spine Institute at 214-556-0555 to make an appointment.