Why Choose The Southwest Scoliosis Institute
Our board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeons, Richard Hostin, MD, Shyam Kishan, MD, and Kathryn Wiesman, MD have performed more than 6,000 surgeries for scoliosis, complicated spinal problems, and revision surgeries.
When it comes to scoliosis and treating the spine, our reputation is stellar. To serve our patients, we have two offices. One in Dallas and one in Plano, Texas. If you suffer from the pain of scoliosis, complex spine problems, or needs revision surgery, we can help. Moreover, you can trust the doctors and clinicians at the Southwest Scoliosis Institute. Furthermore they will give you the time, attention, and treatment to return to a life without pain.
For patients who do need surgery, we offer advanced surgical techniques using state-of-the-art equipment. Because of our skill, patients recover faster, have less pain, and get back to their normal daily activities sooner than they could with older surgical methods.
Also, the spine surgeons at the Southwest Scoliosis Institute are part of the Medical City Hospital team. In addition, the Medical City Hospital group achieved recognition as one of the very best hospitals in the DFW area. See what lots of patients have to say.
Why not Choose the Very Best for your Spine
If you need scoliosis treatment or revision back surgery, Southwest Scoliosis Institute is the place for you! Over 30,000 patients have trusted our doctors knowing that they would receive the best possible care. Upon being treated at our institute, patients state that we have improved their lives through the experienced and careful treatment from our award-winning doctors, Dr. Richard Hostin, Dr. Shyam Kishan, and Dr. Kathryn Wiesman. For instance, people from all over the country seek out exceptional care at Southwest Scoliosis Institute, and many doctors refer their complicated cases to our doctors knowing that their patients will benefit from the knowledge and skill of these top doctors. For example, our doctors will give the time and attention needed to determine how to get you back to living life without pain.
Surgery is never the first option; our doctors will try conservative treatments before considering surgery. If it is determined that surgery is the best course to take, we have care coordinators who can help you and your family every step of the way.
Some of the Reasons to Choose Southwest Scoliosis Institute
- Active Research Studies – Our doctors participate in numerous research, studies, and societies, and have been published thousands of times in various medical journals. Also, we follow patient’s progress to monitor and track their lifetime success and adjust our treatment plans for future success.
- Experience – We have over a decade of experience treating over 30,000 patients with complex spine pathology. For example, we use research and patient outcomes to constantly improve our patient care and the understanding of spine care.
- Referrals – We receive referrals and have patients from all over the world.
- Personal Caring Physicians and Staff – You will meet with the doctor, while some offices schedule patients with their physician assistants, we schedule patients with the actual doctors and physician assistants.
- Continuity of Care – Our patients vary in age. For instance, we see patients from childhood to adulthood and at any stage of the diagnostic and treatment process.
- Insurance – We accept most Insurance.
- State of the art equipment – We are the only outpatient clinic in DFW with an EOS X-ray machine that has full-body low dose radiation.
You may make an appointment with our office by calling 214-556-0555.
We will answer all your questions and schedule your appointment as quickly as possible.